SEMESTER EXAM Policy
(Follow this link for the exam schedule)
Students are required to come to school only during scheduled exam times. The media center will be available as a quiet study area for students who ride the bus or whose parents wish them to stay at school in the afternoon.
1. Students are to be in one of two places during exams--taking an exam or in quiet study hall in the Media Center.
2. In order to preserve quiet and focus, students are not permitted to leave the room during the actual exam testing times (2 hours).
3. During the break between testing periods (10:10-10:35 a.m.) students will have the opportunity to purchase food in the cafeteria. Lunch will be served at 12:40 p.m. on all exam days. However, lunch will only be served from 12:40-1:10 p.m.
4. Students should not be in the halls during testing periods. Students arriving late should report to the office.
5. Absences must be excused for make-up privileges to be granted. The school office will verify absence excuses. Unexcused absences will result in a zero for the exam missed.
6. In the event of a conflict, it is the student's responsibility to reschedule the exam with the teacher. If a conflict cannot be resolved, the student should be referred to the Assistant Principal.
7. Tardiness during exams follows the same rules as tardiness to school. Students tardy for any reason will not be allowed to enter during an exam. If an excused tardy is given, they will be required to take the exam during the afternoon make-up period on the same day. Students given an unexcused tardy will be required to make up the exam on the same day minus the amount of tardy time. After 15 minutes, one is considered absent from the exam. In the case of an unexcused absence, a student will NOT be allowed to make up the exam.
8. Teachers will be available each morning at 7:30 a.m. for academic assistance. Students are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.
9. Students must arrive by 8:00 a.m. if they have an exam during the first testing period, or by 10:30 a.m. if they have an exam during the second testing period. Students may NOT leave/return to the campus if they are taking two exams in one day.
10. In order to preserve quiet and focus, students are not permitted to leave the room during the actual Exam testing times.
11. Buses will run on their regular schedule each day.
12. Lunch will be available in the cafeteria from 12:40-1:10 and a study hall from 1:10 to 2:40 p.m. is provided in the library for all students needing to stay until 2:40 to catch their bus.
13. All make-up exams will be given on the last day after the 7th period exam from 10:40 to 12:40. It is imperative that students contact teachers to verify the room location for their exam. Most exams will be given in the teachers' classrooms. Students requiring more than one make up exam should make individual arrangements with their teachers or contact the Assistant Principal.
Students should remain at their test site for the entire two hours. If students are not taking an exam and are on school premises, they must be in the Media Center for study hall.
Should school be closed or delayed due to weather or other emergency, a contingency schedule will be followed.